A.P, C.I.D, Cyber Crimes Alert on Frauds in the name of ”Online work and legal notice related harassment and fraud ” issued by Ministry of Home Affairs.
Various companies across India provide online data entry related employment. A legal agreement which could be valid or fake is sent to the job applicant and work is assigned. However, the volume of work assigned is almost unmanageable in nature and the company harasses job applicant using legal agreement and demands money for the same.
1. Companies create online portals claiming to provide data entry or similar online work and shares it over social media / SMS.
2 Job applicant is made to sign the agreement with a stamp paper which states if the person falls in completing the work, as per agreement, a GST fee or penalty would be levied for breaking contract.
3. Since the task/job given to applicant is almost impossible in nature, applicant fails to submit the task Job portal company sends fake legal notice and SMS to the complainant citing sections of Indian contract act.
4. Applicant pays for the fees due to agreement. Later also the company keeps on demanding more money by serving legal notices and thus undergoes onlineHarassment
1. Always sign any legal document or agreement after there only sending the Terms and condition
2. Check for the permissions and terms-Condition of an app before installing Never blindly click 1 Agree while installation
3. Consult local police station in case of any legal doubt before paying any
4. Report any type of cyber abuse on www.cvbaratime.co.